The innovative FemiLift procedure is for mild stress incontinence, mild prolapse, vaginal dryness and helps improve vaginal tightness and moisture. The procedure is done in office using a novel, minimally invasive technology that requires no post procedure down time. Patients report a near-immediate return to activity, including sexual intercourse.
FemiLift can be incorporated into most urogyn offices and gives providers the opportunity to meet an ever increasing demand for urogynecological procedures.
- Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
- Gentle treatment for controlled safety and accuracy
- Maximum precision with Alma CO2 laser, the right wavelength and perfect pulse
- Fast and efficient delivery of fractionated laser energy split into micro pixels
- No post treatment downtime
- Excellent patient satisfaction and long term success
Urogynecology, or UroGYN, is a subspecialty in obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN), which primarily focuses on pelvic health. While many OB/GYN doctors can identify pelvic issues, it is highly recommended that for moderate to severe cases that the primary care provider recommend his patient to see a UroGYN specialist.
A trained urogynecologist in Houston, Texas can assist a woman with the following conditions:
- Pelvic organ prolapse:
- Cystocele (“dropped bladder”)
- Uterine prolapse
- Post hysterectomy vaginal vault prolapse
- Urinary incontinence (“leakage of urine”)
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary frequency or urgency of urination
- Incomplete bladder emptying / Urinary retention
- Pelvic floor muscle weakness
- Interstitial cystitis
- Stress incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Decreased sensation with intercourse
There are many different treatment options including surgical and non-surgical procedures, and depending on a woman’s condition, a qualified urogynecological can assess and recommend which treatment plan will achieve the result she wishes to have.
Treatment options can include:
- Traditional surgery
- Robotic surgery (Da-Vinci) for pelvic organ prolapse
- Sacrocolpopexy, hysterectomy, uterine suspension
- Minimally invasive surgery, including vaginal and laparoscopic approaches
- TVT, suburethral sling , Uterosacral ligament suspension, sacrospinous ligament fixation, anterior/posterior repair, colpectomy / colpocleisis, hysterectomy, vaginal reconstruction
- Native tissue (non mesh) and Graft augmented (mesh, biologic implant) repairs
In-office procedures include:
- Pessary fitting
- Botox intradetrusor (bladder) injections
- Urethral bulking injections
- Percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation
- Interstim / Neuromodulation
- Bladder retraining
- Referral for Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy / Biofeedback
A Board-certified urogynecologist is not a replacement for your primary or OB/GYN physician, but rather a trusted medical expert who will diagnose and treat certain pelvic conditions. Dr. Peter Lotze works with primary and OB/GYN physicians to ensure the treatment he provides to the shared patient is of the highest quality and keeps the primary care physician updated on all progress. Once the treatment plan is complete and the desired result is achieved, Dr. Lotze works to transition his patients back to their primary care provider in a seamless way.